Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 2 and 3 Recap

I didn't feel like there was enough to really say about last week. So this week you get a 2 for 1! Maybe I'll leave it at every couple weeks.

Most exciting thing about last week was our Bacon California:
Just kidding! It is actually a RELIEF map :)

Last week we found visuwords.com Super fun site to play with your list of spelling words. She even asked if she could type in random words after she went through her list. Um, of course! It really helps to learn the other meanings of a word.

This week...


We read Island of The Blue Dolphins since San Nicolas Island is off the coast of California. With her passionate love of animals I knew it would be a hit and was not surprised to see it disappear from the bookshelf after bedtime.

We're still on Little Women, I cannot tell you how much I wish I had reread/prelistened to it before adding it to our list. SO.MUCH.PREACHING. Kiddo is enjoying the story, but I can't wait for it to be over.

Latin is on the shelf until she has a better understanding of all the grammar rules. Translating with tenses is frustrating us both. Perhaps a better Latin curriculum as well.

We've finished the U.S. Geography section. I was amazed at how quickly she picked up the smaller cities. She's also thoroughly incapable of not giving me hints when I'm playing the game. Definitely looking forward to starting the North America section. I told her we were moving onto it next week and she said "We just did North America!" Of course I replied with an unwarranted tirade about how this is exactly why you need Geography when all she really meant was she thinks it'll be easy.



Her extended learning activity from Fairy Tale Grammar She had to write a short poem using verbs.



She made a my place in the world stacking map. It wouldn't have been Kiddo had she not insisted we include the solar system and galaxy in our stack.



That about wraps it up. September is looking busier and busier. I love Autumn but it goes by way too fast because we're always busy. Looking forward to the fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment